A message from the Federation of Calgary Communities
- Protect Your Noggin
- Toddlers to adults should think twice before getting on a bike without a helmet. The helmet should fit nicely and cover the forehead. Calgarians under the age of 18 are required to wear a helmet.
- Ring, Ring!
- Having bell can let those around you know you’re coming!
- Being a cyclist follows similar rules to driving a vehicle. Pay attention to posted signs, speed limits and watch out for pedestrians.
- Know your route ahead of time. This can help you be aware of potential detours and hazards.
- Increase Visibility
- Having reflector or lights can increase your visibility for other cyclists, pedestrians, and cars.
For more resources, check out the Federation of Calgary Communities website at www.calgarycommunities.com.