Volunteering with your community association and contributing your unique skills and knowledge, alongside your volunteer team, helps your community thrive! Your volunteer efforts are critical to making a difference in the quality of life in your community and helping to build a sense of belonging.
Not only does your community benefit from your volunteer efforts, but you do too! Check out some of the personal benefits of volunteering in your community below!
- Connect with New Friends and Your Community
- Meet new people with shared interests
- Enhance your skills in building relationships
- Strengthen community connections, broaden your support network, and access neighbourhood resources and fun activities
- Benefit Your Mind and Body
- Reduce stress, improve self-confidence, and increase happiness and a sense of purpose
- Increase physical activity to support a healthy body and mind
- Help Advance Your Career
- Enhance and develop new skills
- Gain valuable career experience
- Have Fun!
- Explore your interests, make time for hobbies (e.g., help plant a community garden), renew your creativity, and fulfill personal goals
- Enjoy social activities with new friends
- Make a Difference
- Give back to and strengthen your community
- Have a positive impact in peoples’ lives – it is one of the most rewarding volunteer experiences!
Learn more about community associations at calgarycommunities.com/about-communities.