The Huntington Hills Community Association has been closed to the public for the past two weeks. We hope and pray that this COVID-19 starts to dissipate, and the world can go back to some normalcy.
The City of Calgary has closed all playgrounds, as well. We have had some kids come to play at our playground. Please talk to your kids and let them know that it is not safe to be on this equipment at this time.
Due to Government cuts and realigning, Huntington Hills Community Association will no longer be offering Parent Link, Family Support, and Lone Parent Programming out of our building. This is a huge loss for the Huntington Hills area. These programs have serviced thousands of people throughout the City, especially right here in Huntington Hills community. Please write or email your MLA and let her know that you are extremely disappointed with this development.
Please understand that our Out of School Care and Preschool programs have not been affected as they are not Government funded. We will be growing these departments as we now have more space on our third floor to expand. We will be looking at increasing our numbers and starting a kindergarten program at HHCA.
We are still hoping to continue with our summer camps dependent on the COVID -19. We will keep you updated on the progress of this program.
The 50th Anniversary celebration that was scheduled to take place in June has been cancelled. I would like to thank all involved in the planning of this event. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has affected everything that we do here at Huntington Hills Community Association.
How do you protect yourself and others from COVID-19?
- Practice social distancing.
- Stay home unless going to work and stay away from others if sick or in isolation.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid travel outside Canada.
Self-isolate for 14 days if you:
- recently returned from travel outside of Canada
- have a cough, fever, fatigue and/or difficulty breathing
- are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- have been asked to by a healthcare professional for another reason
If seniors need assistance, you can contact Alberta Supports at 1-877-644-999.
There are some scams that are targeting seniors.
Please be extra careful that you are not a victim of one of these scams.