Try these Highly Habits on for Size!
Getting to the root issue of what is calling the shots, as far as your eating and exercise habits go, is the sure-fire way to getting lean and having sustained success. A Rapid Transformational Therapy session is a great way to uncover your beliefs and recode them so that shedding weight, eating well, and being active can be a joy.
There are some things that you can do right now, on your own, however, to help you shed weight, have more energy, and reach your goals!
These are some of the things I have done myself and I know are effective, and/or come from leaders in the health, fitness, and nutrition world.
Please Stop Eating/Ingesting:
- Any of the foods that are not of the 5 R’s:
- Rot – Eventually, this food would rot, aka, no preservatives!
- Roam/Grow on the planet – Self explanatory!
- Raw – You could eat this raw, if absolutely necessary. Note, I am not suggesting no meat!
- Recognize – If you look at the ingredients and there are long technical sound/science names, and you have no idea what that thing is, delete it from your diet!
- Recreate – Could you make this dish in your own kitchen? For example, guacamole; sure, you could!
- Processed foods (see above)
- Refined sugars (Stevia and Xylitol are ok). This is not a military exercise, so alcohol in moderation is suggested.
- Soda pops
- Dairy (*Aged cheese, yogurt/kefir, and goat’s cheese is ok in moderation)
Please Consider Eating/Ingesting:
- Start your day by drinking one litre of room-temperature or warm water, before anything else. Add the squeezed juice of half a lemon.
- More vegetables of vibrant colours!
- High quality meat.
- Complex carbohydrates, in moderation.
- Some kind of a probiotic daily, like an old-fashioned, fermented food. These fermented goodies like sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha, and pickled veggies encourage the growth of good bacteria. You can also take these in pill form.
Please Try To:
- Eat between the hours of 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. If you can tighten the window, great!
- Identify what could be your healthier ‘treat/snack’.
- Slow down eating just a wee bit!
- Stop drinking caffeine by 2:00 pm.
Other Things to Try:
- Set a reminder on your phone to move it every 20 minutes, just for a minute or two!
- Consider some kind of daily meditation practice. I’ll be sharing different techniques, and even five minutes a day to start is great and will do wonders to calm your nervous system, which is inextricably tied to your digestion and sleep!
- Get very clear on what your life looks and feels like if you reach your goals!