By Kyla McDonald
Welcome to the new year! January can feel particularly cold and isolating, especially in the middle of a pandemic. Hopefully these recommendations will help to bring you a sense of normalcy and get you out of those dreaded January blues. With that, here are ten things to do in January to experience the season.
- Build a snowman or a snow fort
- Go ice skating or sledding
- Start a new book
- Make snow angels
- Head out to the mountains to go downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, or cross-country skiing
- Perfect your favourite comfort food recipe
- Clean out your closet – donate anything you no longer wear
- Create a list of things you would like to accomplish this year
- Have a movie marathon: pick a theme or watch your favourite actor’s whole repertoire. Don’t forget to pop a big bowl of popcorn!
- Cuddle up by the fire with your favourite hot drink of choice for the season