Your Privacy is Important to Us
Great News Media Ltd. and its affiliated and subsidiary entities, (“Great News Media”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your Personal Information (as defined below) we always strive to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared. The Great News Media Privacy Statement describes how we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information of subscribers, customers, site visitors, etc. (collectively “you” or “Users”). The Privacy Statement applies to all Great News Media websites, applications, and services (each a “Property” or, collectively, “Properties”). These Properties may be subject to change from time to time in Great News Media’s sole discretion.
In this Privacy Statement, you will also see references to “Customized Experiences” which describe content, advertising, and offers (including third party sponsors or advertisers) that are tailored to you based on information that we’ve collected from your interactions with our Properties.
By visiting our Properties, subscribing to our services or submitting your Personal Information for any reason, you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
Great News Media may modify this Privacy Statement and, if we make material changes to it, we will provide notice to you (at www.greatnewsmedia.ca, by email or both), to provide you with the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. If you object to any changes, you may close your account or unsubscribe. You acknowledge that your continued use of our Properties after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Privacy Statement means that the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information is subject to the updated Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to personal information that we collect, use or disclose for journalistic purposes. It does not cover information that is not personally identifiable, such as anonymous or aggregated data, which cannot be associated with a specific person (“Non-Personal Information”). Non-Personal Information may include, without limitation, information about when and how Users interact with our Properties, demographic statistics about our Users, IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other transactional information. This information is typically used by Great News Media, its advertisers or audit bureaus.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
- “Personal information” means information that can be used to identify an individual. Examples of Personal Information that we collect, use and disclose (as further set out in the “To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Information” section below) include your contact information (name, address, phone number or email address) and billing information (credit card number). Personal information does not include publicly available information. In most cases, we collect Personal Information when you subscribe to, or purchase a product or service that we offer.
- Non-Personal Information, as defined above; and
- Public Activities Information: means information gathered based on actions that you take on our Properties that are designed to be visible to other Users, such as comments or recommendations.
When Do We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information when you provide, post or upload it to us or one of our Properties, such as, without limitation, when you fill out a form, post a comment or subscribe to an e-mail list.
Using log-ins, cookies, device information and internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, we identify you and log usage data when you visit our Properties, such as when you view or click on content or ads, perform a search, install or update one of our mobile apps, or share articles.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information and How Do We Use It?
We identify the purposes for which we may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information at the time that you provide such information to us. Consent is also secured when we collect your Personal Information, except where permitted or required by law.
We may use your Personal Information to:
- contact you through email, mobile phone, notices posted on our Properties, text messages and push notifications;
- send messages about the availability and methods of use of our products, services and Properties, as well as with respect to, security or other servic