Bowness Real Estate
Profiled above are the last twelve month real estate statistics for the Bowness community in Calgary; including number of properties listed, number of properties sold, median asking prices, and median sold prices. To view current Bowness Real Estate listings for sale, click here.
Bowness Community Association
The Bowness Community Association was established in 1963. In 2007, the Bowness Community Association was revitalized with a new team of dedicated residents, developing a new vision for the Bowness Community Association. A volunteer Board of Directors, passionate staff, and countless members and volunteers contribute to making Bowness one of Calgary’s best communities to live in.
Under the new leadership, the Association is proud of all that it has accomplished including:
- Launch of the new Bowest’ner social media and website
- Vital Signs Residents Surveys in 2009, 2012, 2017, 2020
- Over 100 events hosted or co-hosted
- Thousands of memberships purchased
- Volunteer Program launch along with Volunteer Awards
- Major renovations on Arena, Main Hall, Studio Room, and Community Room
- Bowness Community Hub Project Launch
- Bowness 2013 Flood Support
Bowness Community Demographics
In the City of Calgary’s 2012 municipal census, Bowness had a population of 11,012 living in 5,313 dwellings, a 2.9% increase from its 2011 population of 10,700. With a land area of 5.6 km2 (2.2 sq mi), it had a population density of 1,966/km2 (5,090/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $40,468 in 2000, and there were 24.1% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 12.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 30.9% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 45.6% of the housing was used for renting. For more detailed info visit the City of Calgary community profiles.