by Leanne Ellis, VP Development and Traffic
I would just like to highlight what has been happening/going on behind the scenes this past month, in no particular order:
- I just don’t know where the time goes! By the time you are reading this, it will be August already. Hopefully, everyone is having a great summer and things are back to “normal”. We are looking forward to being able to do a grand reopening of our Skateshack in the fall. It will be wonderful to come together in celebration once again. Thank you, Craig Marceau, for your hard work and countless hours seeing this through to completion!
- By the time you are reading this, the Richmond Green application will have come before Council. We have done all that we can to oppose the application and want to thank everyone who has participated in the process. Please continue to make your voices heard as our communities evolve in the years ahead. Thank you for your support.
- In September we will be conducting a survey with homeowners in Rutland Park who are subject to one of two Restrictive Covenants. This is being done as per a member request through a motion at our last AGM. Please watch for details in September.
- Knox Café is up and running again, starting with Tuesdays from 9:30 am to noon and adding Thursdays as well. See their FB posts on our FB page for more information.
- Have a wonderful rest of your summer and we will look forward to connecting in the fall!
If you have not already signed up for our email updates, please do so at our website, www.rutlandparkcommunity.com. The City often gives us very short notice for upcoming events, and this is the quickest way for us to reach you. Please also join us on Facebook at Rutland Park Community Association. Thank you for your ongoing support.