When cleaning up the garage, put that waste in the right place. Here are some tips:
- Old garden hoses, rope, and electrical cords. Put in the garbage. They can’t be recycled and create major tangles at the recycling facility, causing delays and equipment damage.
- Broken patio furniture. Put smaller items like lawn chairs, stools, and side tables in your black cart.
- Chemicals, motor oil, paint, and propane tanks. Take to a household hazardous waste drop-off at City landfills or designated fire stations for safe disposal. Visit calgary.ca/hhw for locations.
- Power tools, electric lawn mowers, hedge trimmers, and weed whackers. Take to a City landfill for free recycling. Visit calgary.ca/landfill for locations.
- Scrap metal such as car parts, bicycle parts, metal shelving, and wheel rims. Take to a metal recycler or City landfill for recycling.
Not sure how to safely dispose of an item? Look it up at calgary.ca/whatgoeswhere.