Meetings and Matters


Hello, everyone! I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and found some time to relax with friends and family.

The past two months since being sworn into office have been busy with orientation and meetings with City of Calgary staff to bring me up to speed on major projects and ward-specific items. I’ve also had the pleasure of attending meetings with community stakeholders, like the Hidden Valley Community Association. In terms of Council business, we spent four days in budget deliberations and ensured that Calgarians will not be affected by cuts to transit or police service. For more details on the major budget decisions, please visit the Ward 3 website:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who took the time to share your perspectives with me on various issues we are facing as a city, as well as the things that are important to you in your own community. It is important that I have all perspectives and information when making a decision at Council.

I’m looking forward to many more opportunities to connect with you in 2018. Please continue to share with me your ideas and vision for making Ward 3 and Calgary a great place to live.

Make Our Parks Even Better!

Is there something you wish you could do in the park that you aren’t allowed to do right now? The Parks and Pathway Bylaw was last reviewed in 2003, almost 15 years ago. Since then a number of innovations have occurred that influence how we use parks, from using goats to manage weeds, to the use of segways and drones—it’s time to review this bylaw.

The City wants to understand your vision for parks in Calgary and capture all the opportunities and issues that affect park users. This input will help determine how the Parks Bylaw should change, to make park experiences better for everyone. Is there anything you want to change in our parks? Do you have any ideas on how we can reduce user conflicts in parks?

Throughout February we will be collecting feedback from Calgarians. To share your thoughts please visit or call 311.