I have so much to share with you this month! The Parkdale Hub, Phase 2, construction begins, YYCFoodTrucks take over Parkdale, and we are proud to introduce the Parkdale Micro Grants program. Exciting things are happening in the community!
Parkdale Hub – Phase 2 Construction Begins
- The PCA received a Municipal Stimulus Grant for $750,000 earlier this year. This grant will support improvements to the accessibility of the Community Rink. We will now be able to truly say our Community Rink is an accessible rink.
- Construction is expected to wrap-up at the end of November, just in time to open the rink for skating. Thank you to our neighbours for their patience and understanding during this construction period.
- A very big thank you to The Calgary Foundation for a $75,000 grant and the Calgary Parking Authority for a $7,500 grant all of which will support the Parkdale Hub.
- We will continue to fundraise for Phase 3 that will include the Parkdale Hub building, such as the change rooms, washrooms, and Zamboni garage. A Fundraising Committee has been established and is being led by our Treasurer, Darcy Gonci. If you are interested in working on the campaign to raise $600,000 for the Parkdale Hub building, please reach out to Darcy at [email protected]
YYCFoodTrucks Take Over Parkdale
- This summer, Parkdale has enjoyed the YYCFoodTrucks in our community. Not only have we had sweet treats, but it’s even sweeter that the PCA receives 10% of the revenue from sales.
- Thank you for supporting the food trucks this summer!
Parkdale Micro-grants Launches
- I am really excited about introducing the Parkdale Micro-grant program. This is an opportunity for the PCA to support community members and bringing their Parkdale ideas to life.
- Micro-grants of up to $500 will be awarded to initiatives that encourage community involvement and good citizenship. The micro-grants will support resident-led initiatives that build community and social connections.
- This program is meant to encourage active citizenship by providing residents with funds to implement creative projects that benefit their local community.
- More information and applications can be found at http://parkdalecommunity.com/parkdale-community-association-micro-grants/.
As always, I welcome your feedback, don’t hesitate to contact me at [email protected].